Pastor Ed C. Jones, III
2015-2017 Jones Memorial UMC, Associate Pastor
2005-2015 Living Water UMC, Founding Pastor
1999-2004 First Methodist Houston, Associate Pastor
1997-1999 Covenant Glen UMC, Associate Pastor
1997-1997 Belvedere UMC, Pastor
DMIN course work, Asbury Seminary, Wilmore, KY 2004-2005
Master of Divinity: Black Church Specialization, Saint Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, MO, January 1997
Bachelor of Arts, Ottawa University, Ottawa, KS, May 1995
Married, Sylvia Molo June 8, 1991
Sylvia Molo Jones, BS-Biolgy, PVA&MU, ’88; DDS, UMKC, ‘96
Tiffany M. Jones, PharmD, Xavier University
Asha A. Jones, Junior, Spelman College, Honors
Alia J. Jones, Junior, Saint Agnes Academy, Deans List
1995-1997 Longview UMC, Associate Pastor
1994-1995 Saint James Paseo, Student Minsitry
7 things most people know about me:
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- I am a Dallas Cowboy fan.
- I am a saltwater fisherman.
- My favorite colors are black and gold.
- My favorite scripture John 7:37-38.
- My favorite fast food is Frenchy’s.
- My preference is to be called Pastor Ed.
7 things most people do not know about me:
- I was a firefighter for ten years.
- I served in the United States Air Force.
- I was a DJ.
- My favorite Gospel song: Jesus is Love, Commodores.
- My favorite band is Frankie Beverly & Maze
- Favorite rapper, Now-Chance the Rapper | Classic-Public Enemy
- I have a comic book collection.
Memberships & Organizations
- General & Jurisdictional Conference Delegate, 2016-2020
- Black Methodist for Church Renewal, Houston Chapter
- President 2001, Vice President 2013-2016
- Executive Committee 2016-Current
- Board of Ordained Ministry, 2000-2008
- Foundation of Evangelism, Fitzgerald Pastor, 2005
- World Methodism, Order of the Flame, 2005
- North District Committee of Ordained Ministry, 1999-2004
- Beeson Institute for Advance Church Leadership, 2003
- Birkman International Certified Consultant 1999-present
- Prepare/Enrich Certified Facilitator 1998-present
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Beta Lambda Chapter, Spring 1996